Thursday 30 August 2007

Biggest hiccup

When i got home late last night, I found out that a cheque I gave to my mother was sent home. It was returned apparently due to insufficient funds. Which i found odd because i added the extra funds within the grace time limit. So much for a chilled out day. The whole night i couldn't sleep. Worried about what might happen with this little mistake.

I remembered couple months back, my friend said that if you had a bounced cheque then you'll be black listed by Bank Negara. So yah, the whole night tossing and turning and sweating non stop. Worried of what would've become to my company. My baby company. Just started out and already making a stint. Finally got to sleep around 5 ish am and woke up just in time for the bank to open.


When i got to the bank i was sweating pearls. I waited for the manager and when he finally came i was drenched. He gave me a little smile maybe to ease my nerves. We got down to it. He checked all my records. Finally he said there isn't much he could do but offer me an advice to just be more careful when writing out a cheque. He said it is a bummer that i miss the grace time by a couple of minutes when adding the additional cash but its how it work.


So the verdict is pretty this, my company will be in a "list". This list monitors your transactions for 6 months. IF you behave and don't do anything wrong then you'll be out of it hopefully. But it'll still remain in records. Basically, it'll be a slight problem if i wish to take up a loan later on down the road.

As for Bank NEgara, he said i didn't have to write a letter but just be prepare if it comes my way but besides that i've just been penalised RM 100 and added into the "list". The biggest hiccup for me . An expensive lesson most definitely. Boy am i gonna check my cheques properly now.



No comments: