Monday 17 September 2007

So they confide to their mothers...

When communicating with ones parent, how much is too much of your personal information do you divulge to them? Where do you draw the line? To some it is completely normal to just spill everything, to tell all their dirty secrets. Mothers and daughters do this. Its like an unwritten rule. You don't share you die. You dont' gossip you die. By unloading your emotions is like a holy bonding session between a mother and daughter. Sacred even to some. I'll go as far as to call it a woman thing.

But when a guy confides mostly everything to his mum i find it odd. Look i'm all for it when a man is in touch with his emotions and all that jargon but when he talks of personal matters, and one that involves your relationship with him, you can't but help it to be alittle ticked off..!!! I just wonder what goes on in their mind, (their meaning the men) when they're doing this?? I mean don't they know by dissing out on their girl to their MOM !! of all person doesn't help matters. You're just giving the woman ammo to hate or use against the girl the next time shit happens. I know to some this might sound harsh but to a certain extend is true.

Mothers are completely overly protective of their son. When they detect defect, it will all go down the hill from there. The girl can never be good in her eyes no more. You can try but i tell you this from my experience, they'll still give you that eye whenever you come around. The kind that lingers. The demeaning type look. It isn't obvious but you just know because you can feel the heat burning right into your flesh that you just cant sit still not even for a second. You know when you have that uncomfortable feeling when you first meet you bf's or gf's parents that sort a interrogating aura..times that by 10. That searing heat. Yup not something you want to go through i'm sure.

When you tell the bf about the look, he'll say " No ..you're just imagining it" Seriously I am not imagining it. Why on earth would i want to imagine your mother giving me the hate. I'd want her to like me man.. I mean come on seriously...think !!!!! Stop and think!!! I honestly don't mind if he's sharing his own problems. That doesn't involves us, as a couple. I'm big about that. Even friends, I dont' tell them everything just what they need to know. I keep my relationship issues mostly to myself and i'd like to keep it between me and the man and not anyone else.

I dont share much of my relationships with my mother because i know she'd be emotional. She's be holding grudges and judging. Which is not what i want. Coz relationship is all about the roller coaster ride. You have good days and bad. You don't want people to go hating your love ones on account of something shitty he or she did that just one time. We're all human anyway.

The point i'm trying to make is, there's so much judging and pointing fingers in the world as it is. You don't want an outsider to get in your business when they don't know jack. And because its a convenient thing to do...to point fingers.





No comments: