Saturday 13 December 2008

When we are wise..



Remember when you were a lot younger there were certain things..scent..colours that you didn't particularly like. You'd frown when ever you see...touch..or smell those particular things. When I was in my younger years..i disliked anything colourful. Pretty much stayed with black,blue,brown and white most of my life. I disliked any scent that was musky or flowery..I find it tickled my nose. I disliked most things bombarded with flowers. Especially those Italian wooden chair, the type of chair you would find in a typical malay house. Gaudy looking, with bright mismatch colour and patterns.

As i grew wiser, I notice some of my dislikes faded but some stayed. My dislikes for colourful clothing went by like a flash. I now am a colourful believer. My dislikes for those Italian furniture sadly, still remains. Personally, I feel the person who came up with those furniture designs were either blind or drunk when he was drawing up the idea. I still don't understand why all the local big shots and wealthy still buy those hideous looking excuse for a furniture.
I guess with money doesn't mean you get style. Ah well..god is fair.

The most recent thing I found out and could knock off my dislike list is the scent of musk. I found that I'm rather alright with it. I thought as i grew wiser, I'd still have a slight distaste towards it but yah amazingly i was fine. Nose didn't tickled. Didn't sneeze a frenzy. I was utterly captivated by the smell. Maybe because it was on a man's neck when i smelled it. When I caught a whiff of that scent, I was bemused. I quickly asked him what brand of perfume it was..and he answered "Dunhill" and i was shocked. Never in a million years I'd thought i'd be utterly captivated let alone wanting to smell more of this scent.

When I told my "discovery" to my friend she said " We're just getting old dear" and laughed. Stating that, she solved the mystery..

No comments: